Friday, May 27, 2011

Don't you love getting inspired?

You know when you have those seasons where you are doing your best to just keep up and then all of a sudden something changes and you're motivated/inspired again.  Sometimes it's the weather, sometimes it's people, a piece of fabric you love, a magazine, someone's home...you get the idea.

Well, I've returned to the season of inspiration.  My cousin Janet, who is my most dedicated blog viewer, is looking at plans for a new kitchen and she's been kind enough to let me in on the project.  Sure, it's a remote kind of involvement but I'll take it.  Next are my fabulous girls at work!  Kathy took me to her home this week and we just had the best time talking about wishes, plans, paint, rugs, wallpaper...all the things that make my heart sing.  Sarah and Anne have even been so kind to discuss the occasional design dilemma with me.  Are you thinking what I'm thinking?  HELLO, clients! (even if it's only in my mind)

Since visiting Kathy's house, I've been a little obsessed with all the ideas rolling around in my head. Let me tell you a little about her and then I'll show you what I'm thinking. She's a smart,  beautiful Southern woman who loves her family and loves her home.  She has a sharp sense of humor and never takes her self so seriously that she won't laugh at her own expense from time to time.  She wants a County Living look with an element of drama here and there.  She's not afraid of color but appreciates a home that flows easily from room to room. She's a lover of toile, birds, the hand made not the mass produced and fabric that tells a story.

So, when I left her house we decided we'd start with the bedroom and go from there. Since then, I've thought of nothing but her DINING ROOM!  What is the deal?  Anyway, take a look.

Below is a dining room that accomplishes drama but maintains enough rustic charm with the chandelier and antique (?) buffet that I think it would marry nicely with a more casual home.  Also, I love these gold accents with the white and grey incorporated in the framed collection.  As for the shot of lime on the table...gorge(ous)!

Another dark dining room with gold accents and a super glamorous light fixture.  The gray zebra print table cloth is awesome even though I'm not really a table cloth kind of girl.  Take that fabric and cover the cushions from the first picture and I'm listening. Even if you just used it as an accent on the back and did something solid on the front and bottom cushion...I'm flexible.








I saw these mirrors at Ballard's Backroom this afternoon and thought they would look great on a dark charcoal grey wall with the gold accent I'm loving so.  Also the mirror would keep the light reflecting and prevent the room from getting too dark.  Kathy also has a couple of fabric swatches that are ivory and quince (cross between lime and yellow) silk that would soften the room and add a fun pop of color just like the lime did in the first pic!

Just some ideas and with this dark charcoal already an element in her house (did I not mention that?) I think this has potential.

Anyway, just some good, clean decorating fun!  Welcome back, inspiration!





















3 comments:

  1. WHOA! Be still my little heart and inspiration don't leave me now! YOU are speaking my language. Quite interestingly, my lovely designer friend, Beth, has been running in and out of my mind all day - along with my dining room! What to do, what to do? I actually drafted up an email that reads "I have decided to jump... (into some country chic that is)!" Would that have captured your attention?

    You hit the nail on the head with both dining rooms! From #1, I love the chandelier, the gold accents, the green pop and the natural rug! From #2, I love the unexpected ZEBRA fabric, the light wood and that art! Also love those mirrors. I SAW THEM AT BALLARDS BKRM today! Are we on the same page or WHAT?!

    Just when I thought that never the country and chic would meet, along comes my BETH, my funky country mentor and MUSE!

    Perfect ending to a perfect day. Here's to summer and new inspirations! (Now let's buy everything and put it in my dining room!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dining room is soooo bad! I need an update. But I can't seem to get Rich to get motivated. Which is probably good because I just learned that I need to start saving for new HVAC units. What a fun way to spend money. Anyway, I'll just have to live vicariously through the 2 of you.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anne, we can get a big change with little dollars! i was just thinking of your eclectic style today! really! you tell me when you're ready!

    ReplyDelete