Monday, November 8, 2010

Update on the Revamp

Well, Maddie, Victorian Pearl may be your room's new color! I think this going to look pretty good, if I do say so myself.  It's hard to believe I started this Thursday.  It feels like I've been working on this room for weeks! No worries though. The paint has dried and the blue tape pulled.


As for the paint situation, in the Bible, it talks about Jesus feeding like 5,000 people on a few fish and a couple of loaves of bread. Let's just say, although I used nearly every last drop, the job was completed on ONE gallon of paint! Modern day miracle, no doubt.



As you can see in these pictures the pink is subtle but I couldn't imagine doing it any other way.  Although it's taken a little getting adjusted to, it's grown on me.  I did realize though it seems very close to the color that Mary Kay is now doing its car prize. You know what I'm talking about. Victorian Pearl could also be called Mary Kay frost, in my opinion.  It's all good though.


With the walls DONE  (thank you, Lord) and the carpet vacuumed,  it was time for the fun stuff. I had originally thought it would be nice positioning the beds so they faced the windows.


The trouble with this was that it just ate up too much space. We don't have a basement and there's no playroom so taking up all this floor space/play space would have been a bad move. Jane and the bread winner spend a lot of time wrestling and playing in here so going back to the original placement felt like the right thing to do.


This is about the time things started getting interesting. For instance:

#1 MIA finials. After looking in both attics twice, searching outdoor storage I don't even know how many times and emptying drawers, cabinets and closets, the finials ended up here.

Yes, in the laundry room cabinet, behind the detergent I use weekly in a bag that I don't remember ever seeing until this weekend.  Either way, Xanadu!
#2 Mattress stress.  I was using the headboards of the beds as a gauge for the mattresses. My thought was the headboard needed to being showing at the top of the bed  With box spring and mattress it seemed extremely high and without the box spring, just about right. Does anyone see where this is going? Once I removed the box spring the height was better but as soon as I sat at the foot of the bed I fell through the bottom. Seems the box spring would be necessary.  After further review, the headboard didn't really need to be exposed like I thought.





As you can tell, Jane has taken to what we're referring to as her princess room but by this point, we had to take a break.  Jane had a birthday party to go to and I needed to scrub myself free of paint splatters and enjoy some time out of the house.  The acccesorizing of the room would have to wait.

One last thing, I have to share with you one of the ways Jane has busied herself while I've been working on her room. She's become pretty good with my camera. Although I don't normally let her "play" with it, she did manage to take a few shots with me in the background saying, "okay, that's enough."  While deleting some of the pics today, I came across these.  Made me laugh out loud.


Mr. Bear's foot, Jane's foot.

The close up.
There were about 4 more of these but I didn'think it was necessary to post them all. I think you get the idea. I do love that foot!

Have a good night, all.

1 comment:

  1. Love the color. And, although Miss M is in bed, I know she, too, will love it in the morning!! One thought for the bed height..... have the bread winner cut you some bed slats out of 1x4 pieces of pine,then lay a piece a plywood on top of those. Holds up the mattress without a boxspring, and TADA your beautiful headboards are exposed :) And, you don't fall through :)

    ReplyDelete