Friday, December 3, 2010

What's for supper?

Chicken tortilla soup and it's delicious.  Here we go....

2 frozen, boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
1 can enchilada sauce
1 medium onion chopped
1 small can green Chile peppers
2 cloves garlic minced
3 cans chicken broth
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 bay leaf
1 (10oz) bag of frozen corn
2 Tbsp lime juice

I put everything in the slow cooker for about 5.5 hours on high.  I shredded the chicken with a fork just before serving, added some tortillas on top, a little cheese...yum.  This is the recipe that got it all started compliments of www.allrecipes.com.  Let me know if you give it a go. 

Jane and I ate together since the Bread Winner wouldn't be home until later in the evening. At one point, I heard her make a little noise.  When I asked what it was, she lifted her shirt to show her belly and said, "that's my tummy saying DEEElicious."

The only other recommendation I have would be to enjoy your bowl in front of something resembling this....


Thanks, Bread Winner, for the hook up.  Nobody does it better.


1 comment:

  1. Maybe I'll just move in with you!! Love your home, love your menu. Think the Bread Winner would mind? I cook and clean :)

    Seriously, need your white paint color. Do share.

    ReplyDelete