Monday, January 24, 2011

3 Euros and a Flange

Crate and Barrel has some bedding I love.  It's Marimekko bedding and they are always updating the patterns while keeping the simplicity in check.  This is an example of one of the products they're offering now:
Marimekko® Madison Taupe Bed Linens
crateandbarrel.com

And these king shams are part of the ensemble I bought a loooong time ago when we first purchased our king size bed.  I've probably had it 7 or 8 years.


Well, I found another pattern at Crate and Barrel several months ago that I liked a lot but just weren't in the budget, especially since I didn't really hate what we had.  Anyone see where this is going?  They had a huge online sale and the shams I liked were half off.  Done.  So, this is the pattern:

Marimekko Tamara Linen
crateandbarrel.com

I bought 3 euro shams for $19.95/each and then spent another $17.95 on the feather 27x27 insert.  Have to admit, wasn't sure at first because the flange edging doesn't allow for a crisp look but after playing with it for a while, I'm happy with the change. 

As Amanda reminded me, all these little adjustments are just my way of "keeping it fresh."  Here's to a fresh inspiration at your house, too.  Have a good one, all.


No comments:

Post a Comment