Tuesday, January 4, 2011

I'm just throwing stuff out there....

My friend, Maura, is looking for a rug and once again, I've found a way to insert myself into the project. Look, it's a win-win because I get to shop without spending a dime which makes the Bread Winner happy and then I can throw some ideas at Maura that she can choose to act on, not act on, or just use as a jumping off point for her own ideas.  See? Win-win.

Now most of your are saying, "Maura, that name sounds familiar." You are correct. She's the same Maura from the wreath party. She's also known as the "naturally beautiful" Maura and her design taste continues to support a natural and organic look like she created with her wreath.


Right now the pre-existing elements are her sofa and love seat in a mushroom color. She calls them brown but I was thinking they had a little more gray. Either way, they are totally workable and I think she's going to be pleasantly surprised how easily they can be reinvented with a little rug/pillow update. Actually, that's exactly what the black hole (MY den) is in need of and I just need to commit. That will no doubt be another post.

She also has a great chair that's upholstered in a great reddish orange fabric that has a cream floral print running through it. She loves it and so do I. I came across this picture on the Pottery Barn website that made me think of her chair and of course, I enjoy the rug too.

View in Room
image via potterybarn.com

Are people over the natural rugs? I know it's not everyone's taste but it's soooo mine. They are more affordable than most rugs, they are basic enough to go with almost anything and they add great texture to a room that otherwise might seem a little bland.  (note to self: order one for black hole when finished with this post)  Now, I know most of these are not the softest but we have a runner in my hallway that is VERY soft and I'm assuming the one above is similar. I should probably work on getting the correct term for this type of rug, considering I love it so.

I've provided you a little buffet of rooms with natural rugs. Love 'em, what can I say?

Despite its small size, this sunroom feels much larger because of its bright white walls and abundance of windows.

A narrow table doubles as a work surface and dining table.

Room for Reflection


Images provided by www.myhomeideas.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment