The house was painted grey with green shutters that were in need of replacement and the overall color scheme was due an update but aside from that, it had potential all over it. The first thing the bread winner said was, "You don't like it." He thought the stone across the front porch was a turn off. I corrected him noting that if it was REAL stone, that made for a different story. 48 hours later we officially had it under contract. Seems the bread winner liked it too.
|After re-arranging a bit.|
Go here for the whole story.
|After a minor tweak.|
Go here and here for the details.
Now is when I show you my home but then beat you to the punch by telling you all the things I want to do to make it even better.
- Lamps behind the couch in our living room....yes, please.
- Do you hear that? Me too. My staircase screaming for a striped runner.
- The dark hole, also known as the green sofa in our den....pillows, pillows, pillow to lighten the mood.
- A patterned rug wouldn't hurt either...break up the color block system I have going on in there.
- Those rust and chocolate panels...sometimes I think, "right on" and sometimes I think "get out".
- Also, the zebra panels in the dining room, chocolate and linen. Not black and white as it appears. just fyi.
- As for the oak floors....keep it light or go dark? Can't decide and always open to suggestions.
- You will also notice there aren't any bathroom photos. We don't have bathrooms....that are blog worthy. Those transformations to come as soon as the bread winner gives me a budget to do so.
Okay, now's your chance. Suggestions? Love to hear what you think. Thanks for stopping by.